Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my new theme...


IN PROCESS

Synonyms: unfinished, incomplete, uncompleted, fragmentary, partial, ongoing, in progress, not whole

My central theme for life right now is "in process". Not yet perfect (okay... never going to be perfect). It's playing out in all areas of my life, and most significantly within my own heart as I take an honest look at myself, the standards and expectations I have created, and the reality of life on a fallen earth lived out with fallen people.

Many themes of the Christian life fit well with the idea of "in process": journey, path, the way. We live in an "already, but not yet" state; yet I think I've lived most of my life with an expectation for "already."

Some verses that have hit home:

Galatians 5:25 - Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Musings from one who is "in process"...

No comments: